LAPISHA CONSULTING LIMITED (LCL) is a private limited company that was incorporated in 2016 in Kampala- Uganda having been operating as a registered business, by a group of talented and skillful IT and Business consultants consisting of business systems analysts and developers, data scientists, network architects, GIS and Remote sensing experts with an aim of providing lasting, professional advice and management for development projects in Uganda, Kenya, South Sudan and Rwanda. From preliminary analysis to design, costing and development, LCL helps people develop project goals. Our efforts result in accurate, reliable, scalable and easy to use products aiding the endeavors of fellow professionals, private, public, non-governmental and the general public. Our company is dedicated to the principal of excellence; Quality is our commitment and the existence of LCL hinges on the ardent professionals who are committed to analyzing, designing and implementing systems that best fit the needs of our clients.
Position: Senior Software Developer
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. In addition, you will develop software programs for projects that Lapisha Consulting Limited is working on.
Other roles include:
- Reviewing current systems for bugs and maintenance fixes
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff to develop good quality software
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Document and publish issues met on the company’s blog and on international platforms
- Mentor and nurture more software developers
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field is required
- Candidate should have excellent knowledge about software programming and in particular be proficient with PhP/Laravel application development framework.
- Candidate should have Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration skills
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL and other relational databases
- Knowledgeable about agile software development
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
You will need to show: communication and interpersonal skills, analytical skills, the ability to use initiative, the capacity to work under pressure, creativity, drive, flexibility, numeracy, teamwork, influencing and negotiation skills, oral and written skills, business awareness and IT literacy.
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday 8:00am to 1:00pm
The Senior Software Developer will sit at the LCL office located on Tirupati Mazima Mall, Kabalagala, First Floor suite 137
How to apply
Send application Copies of certificates, CV and any other support documents to email@example.com Marked with SUBJECT LINE[Senior Software Developer]